Older....Five Minute Fridays

This was my challenge from The Gypsy Mama....

Let’s write, shall we? Without wondering if it’s right or not.
Take five minutes and remember what it feels like to weave words together for the simple pleasure of how they sound. Without worrying about how they’re edited or perfected.
    1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking. 2. Link back here and invite others to join in. 3. Get a little crazy with encouragement for the five minuter who linked up before you.
OK, are you ready? Give me your best five minutes on:

Older…

GO!!


She will be 3 years old on Sunday, August 28th.
3 years ago she was one of the biggest surprises of our married life.
3 years ago I was in shock....not planning for another child.
My youngest was 7. We were done.
3 years ago our blessing in disguise was born.
She came in to this world ready to be heard. I, however, wanted silence as I battled post partum depression.
3 years ago, I was in a hurry for her to grow up...to be older. Ready for walking, ready for talking, ready for solid food, ready for her to feed herself, read for her to be potty trained.
Well I got what I asked for. She's older....3 years older. I'm healed, she's 3.
And everyday she gets a little older. Because now to me 3 = 2 years til kindergarten.
I thank God for these 3 years....years of growth for my sweet girl and for me.

<>< Tracey

http://thegypsymama.com/2011/08/five-minute-fridayolder/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+thegypsymama+%28thegypsymama%29

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dance

Story

Beyond