Lessons Learned

Thankful for...

Lessons learned...

After a couple of warnings(thank you officers), finally today, the lesson...written in black and white in the form of a Sunday School lesson on "Recognizing the Lord's Authority".

The following is an excerpt from the  Sunday School lesson...."We've all had experiences that remind us our personal authority has limits. One day I was driving to an appointment, and I was late. Temptation got the best of me, and I pressed down on the accelerator more than I should have. Yes, I knew I was exceeding the speed limit. However, I rehearsed in my mind all the excuses typically used while arguing with oneself about such a breach of the law: The appointment is important. The road has few cars on it. I'm a careful driver. No one's watching. The first three excuses were true statements. The fourth one proved no to be true when the dreaded flashing blue light appeared in my rear-view mirror. I was caught, and I couldn't ignore the police officer's signal to pull over and stop. I had been reminded of the limits of my personal authority. The lesson challenges us today to acknowledge our own accountability to the Lord."

Message received Lord! STOP SPEEDING! Literally...stop driving too fast.

So I'm thankful for this meeting with God, for this teaching, for the speaking to me everyday in different ways. I'm thankful that He shows me that I need to be faithful to Him not only in the BIG things but also in the little things....like driving the speed limit. These are the little things that my girls are watching and learning from.

"giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light." Colossians 1:12 NKJV
<><


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dance

Beyond

Story