The Desires of My Heart aka Crafts!

Disclaimer….





I am not turning this into a crafting blog. (wink)
So now that we got that out of the way, let me tell you how God’s been working in my life this week.
God tells us in His word…“
Delight yourself also in the LORD, And He shall give you the desires of your heart.” Psalm 37:4
Don’t you just love it when God let’s you see this verse come to life.
I’ve been finding Him in the little things again this week.
My bunch has been enjoying some much needed down time the last two weeks.
We’ve been soaking up lots of family time and have been enjoying several days of doing absolutely nothing.
Well, we all got the itch to “do something”.
My girls love crafts. They get this love from their craft-loving-pinterest-pinning-but-never-actually-crafting mom.
You see, I love to craft. I used to be a scrap booking queen!
I guess I’ve just let it get moved to the back burner.
Life happens and like I always say…you need to do one or two things and do them well instead of doing a ton of things half way. So you choose what is a priority and you go with it. Crafting has not been a priority for me in the last few years. But it is a desire of my heart.
God let me find my craftiness and He blessed me with the time to enjoy it once again. For that I am so very grateful.
Here’s our story/tutorial on making a “No-Sew” Blanket.

OK so I wish that I would have found this stuff years ago. It is SO easy to use! You just iron it to the back of whatever fabric you want to use. It's a very quick process.
Once the fabric was adhered, I free handed a letter "K".
Then simply cut it out.
If your free hand isn't perfect (trust me my wasn't even close) you can adjust as you cut.
Here's the end result.
We used 1-1/2 yards of fleece for our blanket. You will need two pieces. We chose contrasting colors. (Turquoise and Brown to match the colors in the "K")
In this picture Kelsie is centering up the "K" on the fabric.
She pulled out the measuring tape...I was just gonna eye ball it.

Then we peeled off the backing and commenced to ironing it on.
You iron each section for about 8 seconds.



Now for the "No-Sew" part.
You cut a 5 inch square out of each corner. (The measuring tape is essential for this step...thanks Kelsie) Then you pick a side and start cutting 1 inch strips. The strips will be 1 inch wide and 5 inch long. Once you've done this around all four sides you simply tie the strips together. Tie each strip twice to make a knot.

And here's the end result!
Cute, huh?!?
Again.....SEW EASY!!!!


Happy Crafting!

Praying that God gives you the desires of your heart today,

and praying that you find those gifts in the everyday,

Tracey
<><


If you share my love for crafting, check out these inspiring crafters.....

Jessica Turner at The Mom Creative

Emily at Jones Design Company





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dance

Beyond

Story