Expectation

It’s time for Five Minute Friday!

The time where we stop, drop, and write.

I grow to love this time more with each passing week.

Hey! Why don’t you join me? Just plop down and let those creative juices flow for 5 mins flat.

Then you can link up with Lisa-Jo over at The Gypsy Mama.



Don’t have a blog? I’d still love to read what you lay down. Shoot me an email or leave your thoughts in the comment box.


Here are my five minutes on.....Expectation.


Expectations can be a real joy killer for me.

I find myself a bit jaded when it come to expectations.

I tend to get all hyped up with my expectations.

I guess I’m guilty of over expecting. Is that a real thing?

I’m often let down because I get these pictures in my mind of what I expect things to be like and then when the time comes or we get to that place it’s totally opposite of what I’d expected.

For example….

We came to PA for a visit this summer.

In my minds eye, I’d expected, rolling hills, beautiful landscapes, lots of Amish villages and farmers markets, and I had expected some FLAT, LEVEL ground on which I could run everyday.

Well so much for expectations…….We’re staying on a HILL!





I know in the grand scheme of things that’s no biggie, but again, expectation let me down.

So I tend to lean toward, not expecting. I try not to get my hopes up about things.




But then I stop and realize it all comes down to His plans versus my plans.

His plans, more often than not, look totally different from mine.

His plans are ALWAYS perfect.

I may not recognize it in the moment, but in the end they are always perfect and I’m sitting back saying…”Oh yeah, well that really wasn’t so bad after all.”

One thing I know for sure….that my expectations of Heaven will never be a let down.

They will far surpass anything that I could ever dream expect.


"For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11



Expecting great things from Him today,

Tracey
<><

Comments

  1. Yes!

    You packed alot into those 5 minutes ... let's hear it for HIS plans for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After having a few of my hopes squashed, I became notorious for expecting the worst - that way I wouldn't be disappointed.. Still learning to wait on God for what He wants for me. Lovely post, Tracey!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dance

Beyond

Story