REENTRY



Merriam-Webster defines reentry as "retaking possession", and as "the action of reentering earth’s atmosphere after traveling in space."

I say YES to both of those definitions.

I say yes to the later because I do feel as if I’ve been traveling in space for the last year. Just sort of floating around with no clear direction. Well, maybe some direction. I guess I could put it this way….you know how astronauts float around in space…the zero gravity makes getting anywhere a slow, grueling process…there’s no getting in a hurry in space. It is what it is. Well, that’s how I’ve felt. I see my goal, my destination, but I’m in slllooowww motion getting there. Not because I’m not trying with all my might…cause I’m running on the inside….but conditions around me are keeping me in slow motion. And so I just put one foot in front of the other, slowly, paitently, until I get to where I’m going.

This slow is also hard.

Slow takes time to learn.

Slow is a part of reentry.

God knows this and He teaches His wise lessons to me.

He knows what reentry entails and what I will need to make it successful.

I say yes to retaking possession because this too is a part of reentry.

Along about Friday I started my process of reentering Earth’s atmosphere. It was a two day journey from the deep South to the heart of the North. A journey across six states and the Mason-Dixon line. A journey with three girls wide-eyed and giddy with anticipation. It was a journey away from home, but in our hearts it was a journey….back home. We were reentering the atmosphere of family. We were about to start the process of retaking possession of the thing we had been holding in our hearts for a year, but longed to hold in our arms.

I find it amusing that Webster defines reentry as “retaking possession”. I can’t think of a better way to describe what our lives are like. We go for so long living joined, yet separate, lives. We get used to doing things our way and he his way. We have our schedule, our routine, as does he. Then all of a sudden we reenter each others atmosphere and start retaking possession. We have to find how we fit again. It’s a bit clumsy at first. Like trying to put a puzzle back together. You have to get the pieces turned just right. Spin the pieces around, sit back and study the puzzle, and find a home for each piece. Because each unique piece will fit only where it is designed to fit. And when all those pieces are put into place they reveal the beautiful picture.

We took possession of our family this weekend. We took the pieces, studied them, twisted them and turned them. Each piece found it’s perfect fit, just as He designed.






My skin seems to fit better now.






I’m at home again.

 






Tracey
<><

 

1 Corinthians 13:7 “Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.”

 

 

*This post is dedicated to Val. A women of great courage who will understand this post completely. Can’t wait to hear your “reentry” story Val!!

Comments

  1. Tracey, that is awesome, beautiful, wonderful, it makes my heart glad! So glad y'all are together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am smiling so, so big. We're both doing re-entry and it is so, so good. Love you friend! Soak up that togetherness even in the awkward relearning moments. SOOO honored to have been on this journey with you. I needed you to know I wasn't alone.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dance

Beyond

Story