30 Days to Being Thankful (Day 1)

Romans1:8 - "First I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world."

My MacArthur commentary tells me that in almost every letter Paul wrote, he expressed his gratitude. If thankfulness was that important to Paul, then I think I should take note and learn from his words of gratitude.

I take particular note that Paul thanked God "first".

A few months ago I read Ann Voskamp's book One Thousand Gifts. It was life changing for me. The portrait she paints of thanks is astounding. Since finishing the book I've started my own journal of thanks. I'll be sharing some of those lists of thanks with you throughout the month of November as I participate in the 30 Days to Being Thankful Challenge.


I thank my God for...

181. a quiet house after everyone has gone to bed.
182. the chance to hear about the Godly influence my girls are being to their friends and teachers at school. Thankful more than words can express, for their boldness in speaking God's truths, and their willingness to stand up for their faith even when they are the only ones standing.
183. the pure, sweet, and innocent gratitude of my little one(age 3) who says to me today..."Mama, I'm grateful for you today and for the rice krispies you made."


I'm linking up with Sonya over at Becoming a Strong Woman of God to share in her Challenge. Be sure to swing by there and take a look.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dance

Beyond

Story