100





On this first day of November, I sit quietly on the couch, computer in my lap, sick baby girl at my side, Little Bill on TV. In this morning’s episode, Little Bill is searching for “his thing”.

A year and 100 posts ago, I felt the same as Little Bill. I was looking for “my thing”. Searching for that one thing that I really enjoyed. My creative outlet. My contribution. My gift? My thing.

Today I can tell you that I found it.

I am not widely followed. None of my posts are pinned on Pinterest. My words have not been re-tweeted. I haven‘t written any kind of book. I’ve not had anything go viral.

What I have done….

I’ve written 100 posts.

Out of 365 days, 100 of those were spent writing. Spent praying. Spent doing life. Spent giving encouragement, and being encouraged. Spent doing “my thing”.

God knows the desires of our hearts, even if we don’t.

He knows what will fill us up. What will bring us peace.

For me it was writing.

He gave me “my thing” and is using it to mold me, to heal me, to grow me.

He’s opened my eyes to the mission field that begins at my fingertips.

On this first day of November I start my list of thanks.

 

1. 100 posts!

2. The readers that God has led to this place.

3. That God saw us through hurricanes here on the Gulf Coast. Because of that, I know first hand the pain felt by those on the East Coast and now know just how to pray for them. Praying God’s provision, peace and protection for you all. You are not alone.

4. The right to vote

5. Home

 

Looking forward to counting thanks with you all this month,

Always,

Tracey

<><


Let's do a flashback...
Here's a link to my very first post. :)



Comments

  1. What a lovely post! Happy blogaversary! I'm grateful to have found your place and to be an audience to you as you do your "thing." You're beautiful and make my life richer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing! Thank you so much Kelly. Thanks for hanging around here during this past year. You make the place look better. ;) Your support has meant the world to me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dance

Beyond

Story