Thanks in the Familar



 
I love the smells of this season.

I take comfort in the familiar.

Every year the farmers sow their seed and in the Fall we all reap the bounty.

For the farmers, their crop, and for me the sights and smells of the familiar.


The smells of Fall.

Cotton on the stalk. Bales of hay. Freshly dug peanuts.

Then there’s boiled peanuts! Smoke from the grills filling the air at a football stadium. Candy corn. Turkey and dressing. Pecan Pie.

Those are some of the smells of the season here in the South.

Today I’m thankful that God saw fit for me to spend my life here.

I feel so fortunate to have grown up in a place so rich with the beauty of God’s creation. So full of heritage and history. A place central to oceans, rivers, creeks, mountains. I’ve had a taste of it all.

So often people in small towns want to hurry up and get out. I was one of them.

God let me leave this place. He let me see life outside of Small Town, Alabama.

I’ve seen wondrous things and I've seen awful things. All the things I’ve seen have shaped my appreciation for my small town home.

No matter where God has landed you, look around. Take it all in. The sights, the sounds, the smells. There’s something there. Something that will grow your gratitude today.

 

 

 

 

I will be appreciating my small town today by catching lots of candy at the Homecoming parade!

Small town = knowing almost everyone on the floats = lots of candy for my bag ;)

GO BIG GREEN!

Tracey

<><

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beyond

Dance

Story