Last Post of 2011

On this last day of 2011 I’ve found myself challenged by Tsh Oxeneider's 20 Questions.

What a wonderful way to reflect on God’s work in my life throughout this past year.

These questions were really tough for me.

Age has not been kind to my memory, so these questions really knocked out the cobwebs and made me dig deep in the vault that is my mind.

I really stirred up some dust in there.

20 Questions for a New Year’s Eve Reflection

1. What was the single best thing that happened this past year?

Our summer was one of the best, if not THE best summers that we have ever experienced. We took lots of short trips and spent tons of time at the beach with my in-laws, and spent lots of time with great friends that we love dearly. We truly enjoyed every minute of the Summer of 2011.

2. What was the single most challenging thing that happened?

Without a doubt it was when Jeremy (sweet hubby) had to go back out of town for work. It was a HUGE adjustment after having him home for a year and a half.

3. What was an unexpected joy this past year?

School has been a joy for us this year. So thankful that this school year has been smooth sailing. Another joy would have to be this blog. I never knew how much I needed to write things down. God has used it to mature my walk with Him. It’s great therapy from the Greatest Therapist EVER!

4. What was an unexpected obstacle?

Ten months without progress on our house.

5. Pick three words to describe 2011.

Growth. Thankfulness. Joy.

6. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe your 2011 (don’t ask them; guess based on how you think your spouse sees you).

Strength. Patience. Love.

7. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe their 2011 (again, without asking).

Blessed. Humbling. Challenging.

8. What were the best books you read this year?

1,000 Gifts by Ann Voskamp, Becoming More Than a Good Bible Study Girl by Lysa Terkeurst, The Hole in Our Gospel by Richard Sterns, Bringing up Girls by Dr. James Dobson, Journey to Significance by Kimberly Sowell

9. With whom were your most valuable relationships?

God will always be at the top of this list.

Then, my husband, Jeremy. My love for him grows with each passing year. 2011 marked 14 years that
God has given me with my best friend.

2011 also brought with it some very special relationships.

I’ve enjoyed relationship growth with church family, reconnected with old friends, and found some precious blogging friends. I have to name a few that have stood out in 2011.

First, Mrs. Jacque Byrd…I don’t have enough words to describe this blessing. God brought you into my life this year and I am all the better because of it.

Relationship with Mrs. J, led me to her precious daughter Jen, who has captivated our entire family. Her joy is infectious.

The year brought the blessing of “The Power Hour”. A prayer group started by my one-of-a-kind friend Sharon Morgan. Stay-at-home mother of 4 and strong woman of God. She started this group so that we could pray for our kids and their school. I gathered with Sharon, and our friends Andrea White and Candy Fain. Together with these women, I shared life and prayer. Some weeks that hour of prayer was the only thing that got me through. Thank you Father for them.

My Bible-believing, God-loving, Praying, Sunday School Class, led my Mr. Jerry Hawsey. I could write an entire post just about these guys. We’ve faced some tough stuff this year. I’m so glad God saw fit to let us go through it together.

I love it how God sends you who you need, when you need them. One of my dearest friends is Twilight Carden. She and I both encountered major life changes in 2010. Life got in our way, and pulled us in different directions for a while. I thank God for reconnecting us in 2011. I Love You!

And now for the end of 2011. I just didn’t know what I was missing by not being apart of the blogging world. The ladies I’ve met through blogging are simply AWESOME! They are going to change the world for God and I’m so thankful that He’s allowed me to read their words. I’ll put links to their names so that you can share in the joy that they’ve brought to me. Jana @ Grace for my Mess, Melissa @ Beautiful Mommy Feet, Sarah @ My Life is Like the Shoes on my Closet Floor, Val @ Stumbling Barefoot, Jamie @ Creating Home Journal, Ann @ A Holy Experience, Lisa-Jo @ The Gypsy Mama, Emily @ Chatting the Sky.

10. What was your biggest personal change from January to December of this past year?

I’ve learned to choose joy….thank you Sara.

11. In what way(s) did you grow emotionally?

I’m doing better at expressing my feelings, and not keeping them bottled up.

12. In what way(s) did you grow spiritually?

I’ve gone from depending on Spiritual leaders to feed me, to feeding myself on God’s word. 

13. In what way(s) did you grow physically?

I’ve maintained. Is that an answer?

14. In what way(s) did you grow in your relationships with others?

See answer to question 9... J

15. What was the most enjoyable part of your work (both professionally and at home)?

Working on our property, and our house and getting things accomplished. Learning to drive our tractor was an all time high for me. Talk about feeling empowered!! Woo Hoo!

16. What was the most challenging part of your work (both professionally and at home)?

The same as #15.

17. What was your single biggest time waster in your life this past year?

Pinterest. BaaaHaaaHaaa!

18. What was the best way you used your time this past year?

Studying God’s Word and Serving in my church.

19. What was biggest thing you learned this past year?

How to REALLY give thanks, and how to find joy through that thanksgiving. It has really been life changing for me.

20. Create a phrase or statement that describes 2011 for you.

I think I’ll share the words to a song, maybe even a link….

The more I seek You,

The more I find You,

The more I find You,

The more I love You,

I want to sit at Your Feet,

Drink from the cup in Your Hand,

Lay back against you and breathe,

Feel Your Heartbeat,

This Love is so deep,

It’s more than I can stand,

I melt in Your Peace,

It’s overwhelming.

-Kari Jobe

HAPPY NEW YEAR’S EVE!

SEE YOU IN 2012!!!

Lord Willing,

Tracey

<><

Comments

  1. What a great list, Tracey! It was so fun to read. And I am incredibly honored to be listed among your new blogging friends. =) 2012 is going to be a great year!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracey, you are such a gift, such a huge heart for Christ wrapped in a beautiful smile and ever-outstretched arms. Your light shines bright for Jesus and calls out to a world cloaked in darkness. I am so proud to call you my friend. Someday, God willing, we will share that Sonic drink! Love you! XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beyond

Dance

Story