A Burdened Heart


I'm feeling heavy-hearted today. Burdened for the injustice of this world. This is not a place I like to come to, but God always teaches me something while I'm here.

I try to avoid all the negativity of the morning news (it seems like all they ever show are the bad things that happen), but this morning I was in search of weather reports. Along with the weather, I got a report of a car accident (drunk driver hits a school bus carrying a football team) that claimed a young life and injured 33 others.

I open my Bible.

The Lord leads me to Psalm 73. Verse one...."Truly God is good to Israel..." I think about this for a moment.....Israel? The people of Israel who were captives to the Egyptians? I read on.

Verse 3..."the prosperity of the wicked..." Yep, that's where I am.....wondering why do the wicked always seem to prosper.

Verse 7..."They have more than hear could wish. They scoff and speak wickedly..." Verse 12..."Behold, these are the ungodly, Who are always at ease...." 

The Psalmist goes on to repeat the cry of this morning's heart...Verse 16..."When I thought how to understand this, It was to painful for me." 

But then came the best part....my eye-opener for today, my encouragement, and counsel from God.  He says....Verse 17..."Until I went into the sanctuary of God; Then I understood their end."

God showed me what I already knew in my heart....that whether my heart is grieved or joyful, He is always there.  Verses 23-24..."Nevertheless I am continually with You; You hold me by my right hand. You will guide me with Your counsel, And afterward receive me to glory."

I know my flesh and heart will fail from time to time, but God is my strength and portion forever. For the Bible tells me so. :)

And as for the sin and injustice of this world....I'm reminded that God will(has) overcome it all. Verse 27..."For indeed, those who are far from You shall perish".


Let me replace this burden with joy through thanks....

104. for a night out with friends (precious, women of God)
105. for shelter from Tropical Storm Lee
106. for my spiritual shelter from God
107. for sleeping til 10 this morning!
108. for appetizers and dessert at Olive Garden last night :)
109. for my sweet Kaylee who sent me texts all night to make sure I was ok and having a good time.
110. for peace in knowing that, even though I miss Jeremy more than I'd miss my right arm, God has a plan for us and will see us through.
111. for flowers that open in the morning sunshine
112. for Nutella on toast!


"I thank my God, making mention of you always in my prayers." Philemon 1:4

Tracey
<><

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dance

Beyond

Story