WORD IS THE WORD

I'm plundering through the archives today.

This is a post that I wrote last month for Jana at Grace for My Mess.

I never published it here, so I thought I'd share it today.



This Christmas brought with it a production from the children of our church. This years play was entitled “The Christmas County Spelling Bee”. The “Bee” included a cast of contestants, the pronouncer, the judge, and the commentator. I’ll give you a little overview of how it went…

The kids were all part of a spelling bee. This spelling bee was made up of the names of Jesus. It was a play full of meaning and quick wit. One of the scenes that stood out for me included a fast paced, back and forth between a contestant and the pronouncer. It went something like this…

Contestant Number 17 Katie Collins steps up to the mic.

Pronouncer: Your word is “WORD.”

Katie: Sentence, please.

Pronouncer: Your word is “WORD.”

Katie: You just said that. Sentence please.

Pronouncer: That WAS the sentence? The word is “WORD.” “WORD” is the word!

Katie: Oh, that Word. W-O-R-D.

Pronouncer: Correct!

Annndddd Scene. J

WOW! “WORD IS THE WORD!”

Does that sentence hit you like it did me?

THE WORD!


It’s our source, It’s our comfort, It’s where our knowledge comes from, It’s where we find our strength, IT’S JESUS! “The Word become flesh and dwelt among us.” John 1:14

I was thinking the other day about how much I’ve grown to love the Word of God.

It’s always there.

HE’s always there.

Speaking to me through His Word.

In It’s pages I find peace.

When I sit down to read the Word it’s my time to commune with God.

He meets me there.

He speaks to me…to my needs.

Sometimes I find myself laying my hands on the pages of my open Bible. I lay them there longing to feel the presence of God with me. Right there in the room. Longing to be closer to Him.

There have been days when I’ve been at my lowest. At the very end of my rope. On these days, I’ve sat. Bible open. Face down, pressed hard into the pages…into Him. Tears flowing. And He’s always met me there.

He’s met me there with the comfort, peace, compassion, and understanding that only He can bring.

He’s met me there with words…with His Word.

So yes indeed ladies and gentlemen Word is the WORD!

CORRECT!

Resting in His Word,

Standing on His Promises,

Tracey

<><

Psalm 119:11

Isaiah 40:8

John 1:1

“The Christmas County Spelling Bee” was created by Celeste Clydesdale and arranged by David T. Clydesdale. Published by Word Music Group, LLC






Tracey Padgett, Author of Life of Eucharisteo, is an ordinary girl trying to live a life that exudes the message of Jesus. She's a Stay-at-home-mom to three girls, and wife to one, out-of-town, hard working man of God. Her mission is to exault God and her prayer is that God uses her words to speak first to the hearts of the lost, and second, to speak encouragement to her sisters in Christ. She's a self-proclaimed imperfect perfectionist. She prays that as she shares her His words, words about her real life, that you learn from her mistakes. Follow along her journey as she stumbles along, following Jesus.



Comments

  1. Thinking of you and I hope that you are doing well! Let me know :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dance

About Me!

Five Minute Friday - Grow