The Battle

No one has ALL the answers to why the hard days come.

We just know that they come.

Some more frequent than others.

Some, seemingly unbearable.

All, at least, uncomfortable.   

Life as of late, has been identifying a little too closely with the life of Job. It leads me to wonder… Just how much sadness can one human heart hold? Is it even possible to gauge that? If so, I think mine would be a good case study. I know several hurting souls that would qualify.

Every day that we draw breath on this earth we are in a battle.

No one is exempt.

We all have our daily positions on the battle field. Our family just happens to be on the front line right now.

The question we have to ask ourselves is this…

Are we equipped to fight?
Full Armor of God

Adapted from Dr. Charles Stanley


One of the best habits you can develop is putting on the Armor of God every morning. This is spiritual armor, so you put it on by faith. The way to explain this is to walk you through a routine I follow every morning. I’m sure there are other ways of putting on the Armor of God. Paul didn’t leave directions. The main thing is that you put it on! It goes like this:

Good morning Lord. Thank you for assuring me of victory today. By faith I choose to follow Your battle plan and to prepare myself according to Your instructions.

To prepare myself for the battle ahead, by faith I put on the belt of truth. Renew my mind to what is true. Fill me with truth. Expose in my heart the lies that I am tempted to believe. The truth is that You are a sovereign God who loves me and cares for me. The truth about me is that I am Your child – bought and paid for. Nothing can separate me from Your love.

By faith I put on the breastplate of righteousness. Today I am committed to doing what is right. I pray that I would be known as one who does what is right regardless of what it costs me. Allow the righteousness of Christ to shine through me today.

By faith I put on the sandals of the gospel. I am available to You. Use me in the lives of others. I pray that in my conduct and speech I would accurately represent You. Make me a calming presence everywhere I go.
I now take up the shield of faith. My faith is in You and You alone. Apart from You I can do nothing. In You, I can do all things. Everything that comes against me must come through You, for I am in You. As you walked without sin on the earth, live without sin through me today.

By faith I claim victory over whatever I may face. When I face these trials and temptations, remind me that the victory has already been won.

By faith I put on the helmet of salvation. Thank You for saving me. Thank You for forgiving me. Thank You for sending the Holy Spirit to live inside me.

Holy Spirit, I surrender my will to You today. I surrender my thoughts to You. I choose to take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ.

Last, I take up the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God.

Lord, I go now rejoicing that You have chosen me to represent You to this lost world. May others see Jesus in me. May You send your angels to guard me in the seen and the unseen. Cause Satan to flee as Your will is made manifest in my life. AMEN.


Today Kelsie continues her battle as we travel back to Birmingham for another MRI and new round of chemo.  
She has thoroughly enjoyed her break at home these past few weeks.




She’s divided her time between our house and her second home in Pollard. Her best friend has been on the front lines fighting a battle of her own. She and Kelsie have spent their time together in battle and they are wounded and scarred.  God is using their friendship as a balm to heal them.  

We ask that you remember Kelsie in prayer tonight. At six o'clock she will be having an MRI. We will meet with the oncologist tomorrow at noon to get the results. We are praying and believing for a clear MRI. She will start her second round of chemo tomorrow night. She will take this five days each month for a year. Please continue to pray that her body tolerates this medicine well, and that she has no side effects.

As I said…

Hard days come.

Some days it’s hard to even breath.

BUT...

“But the Lord stood with me and strengthened me, so that the message might be preached fully through me, and that all the Gentiles might hear. Also I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion. And the Lord will deliver me from every evil work and preserve me for His heavenly kingdom. To Him be glory forever and ever. Amen!” 2 Timothy 4:17-18


Tracey

<>< 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dance

Beyond

Story